Saturday, March 2, 2013

Is God Speaking ?



Sometimes it's automatic, and we understand that God is speaking to us by His revelation in a situation that occurs in our life because we simply just do what we are compelled to do without reservation.  Then there are those times when we realize that we should have done something after it's too late.  We just seem to miss the Father's supernatural heartbeat all together, but it's a learning experience for all of us.  Our Lord knows the roar of life over here is heard above His voice from the other side of reality, so when it's necessary, God reveals His presence by having fellow humans cross our path, or sometimes we just feel compelled to take a chance on doing something cool that may cause us a slight inconvenience. 


Acts 9 - Saul's Conversion - NIV - 1984 Version

As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?” “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked. “I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied. “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.” The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing.
  












There are times when God speaks rather profoundly and a human is forever changed, but they weren't really looking to change.  God will work through a human whenever he wants to!


Nebuchadnezzar's Experience With The Voice of God. ...


Daniel 4 - NIV - 1984 Version

Immediately what had been said about Nebuchadnezzar was fulfilled. He was driven away from people and ate grass like cattle. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird. At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.  His dominion is an eternal dominion;  his kingdom endures from generation to generation. All the peoples of the earth  are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven  At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before. Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.




When God wants to convert someone for HIS glory, it's pretty much going to be undeniable !


Undeniable Revelation

Saul and Nebuchadnezzar's conversion are examples of God using undeniable revelation to affect change in a human, it's as if they were predestined...it was God's plan all along !  No, I'm not a Calvinist.  I just think that when God wants to work through someone, he will.  I think God still utilizes undeniable revelation to this very day, but since humanity has the complete Word of God, it's not as obvious.



Salvation Is For All !


2 Peter 3 - NIV - 1984 Version

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

John 10 - NIV - 1984 Version

Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.  I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.


This Side of Life


For the most part, normal time and circumstance rule the day.  We are freemoving to and fro, here and there.  God does not force his creation to prostrate in reverent worship, and this is why He doesn't manifest Himself into our side of life...to do so would not be true reverence, and God is the epitome of truth!  Atheists are silly, it seems like they think that if God were real, it would be like rubbing the lamp to make God appear.  God is the creator of everything we can observe, you don't call Him to prove Himself as if he were a human.  God is not a supernatural bully!  The atheists say that Biblical claim seems to indicate that God is some sort of war mongering bully, but they declare this without taking the entire context into consideration. 

The Still Small Voice

I think I know what God's will for me is...it's that I should have life!  That's the simplest way of defining God's will! I think the more important thing is learning when God is talking, and not pushing back when He does speak!  Since I already know what God's will is, I think I'm better purposed to learn how to listen better!  I wonder how many times I've missed out because I didn't go to McDonald's to buy the homeless guy a cheeseburger when I felt that God was speaking?  This is still a problem for me. ...

Conclusion

We have this side of life to make a decision!  We can say; yes Lord, or we can say no.  I fear for the ones who know God is real and curse him to His face the most, however.  The thing is, if we deny God unto death, we can take into consideration all the metaphorical and literal descriptions of hell.  If one denies God in physical life, one will reside in hell after physical death...forever.  Nobody to talk to, no smiles, no happiness...just hearing the anguish of others as they burn in anguish...all alone, or perhaps, even seeing heaven as they are in torment...one can't really fathom, really. ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment